What do I do if I receive a worthless check?

Receiving a bad check for goods or services can be more than an inconvenience. You’ve suffered an immediate financial loss. Usually, your main concern is getting your restitution.

Our Worthless Check Diversion Program (WCDP) is a program designed to obtain restitution and a service fee for you, the victim. This is accomplished by diverting the case from the criminal justice system.  If a case does not qualify for the Worthless Check Diversion Program, or if the person who passed the worthless check does not pay the restitution and service fee, then it is referred for possible prosecution through normal channels.

Click the link below to download information and forms necessary to process your worthless check complaint.

Procedures to follow

After you have presented a worthless check form to the State Attorney, the paperwork is reviewed for completion and accuracy. The check writer’s criminal history is examined to determine whether he or she will be allowed to participate in the Worthless Check Diversion Program (WCDP) or will be referred directly for possible prosecution.

Should you have any questions or need forms, please contact us at:

Worthless Check Diversion Program
Office of the State Attorney
310 Pine Ave. SW
Live Oak, FL. 32064
Telephone: (386) 362-2320